Sunday, March 14, 2010

Afterglow Sunday

Picture Taken from:http://graceevan.org

Sunday's after church activity was a sharing session after the mission trip in 6th-7th March. I wanted to share more when it was my turn but i didnt want to bore everyone with details. Thus resulting in this exclusive verbal vomit for my not so frequent readers.


Other than my the new experience of praying for Poopie(my little Bahasa girl). I felt God using me in many areas. When we were singing the worship songs in Bahasa Indonesian, I never felt shy to open my voice there. Normally, i hate taking center stage or performances, if i have to i'd probably hid one corner that type. But during that moment. I felt it. God's warmth giving me courage.

When we were in church, hearing the voices of the other villages sing along with us and sometimes louder than us. I felt so glad. I could see God in their place too. It was then i experienced God is everywhere. I was so touched. Like what the rest mentioned. You can really understand and see the true meaning of the worship when languages are a barrier.

Also when cejie preached I could feel his words slowly creeping into my heart. And then.. came the waterfall. Cried buckets really. Cause i thought of Poh Meng uncle's similar incident. Thank GOD for his grace on cejie. I remember he mentioned that it was through his prayers and other testimonials that gives him more faith. During his sharing today also i felt his honesty and truthfulness with totally made everyone(i'm sure) feel more relatable and paved the platform for the rest to share their honest thoughts. I thought that was fab.

Also when we were in the hotel where roomie(beverly) had her meetings. I could see how much planning and thought was put into the trip. And i linked it back to the whole morning's happenings with all the youths so fabulously cooperative and taking such leadership roles to that very moment. I also wanted to give them a Big hug! I could really See and feel the love ppl! Felt like a one united people moment.

I really enjoyed the trip and have come back so much stronger in my faith. I can really see the transformations through this journey. Super Duper loved my Buddies! Their just so much fun.. Teasing each other My policeman -weikang and Nurse-Rongguang. Both gave me alot of reassurance in their own way. Did i not mention how our van -mates and driver rocks! They make me so at ease and the sense of belonging. =)

I was assisting Xinyi (Our On-the-Job-Nurse!) to disinfect and apply aneseptic for one kid. I was near tearing when i saw his whole body with that many rashes. It was then the reality of poverty was instilled. Even though i know xinyi was nervous too and kinda lost. I'm glad i was able to remind her about certain things. =) Thank goodness looking after our first aid kit and emergency kits in our clinic paid off. I really hope to be in first aid the next time i go down there. A big part of me wants to organise a team to go for operation smiles. But i dont know if i am brave enough to go ahead as planned. *Silent Prayer~

I enjoyed the trip and also felt little victories along the way. I cant wait for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment